Whether you’re moving across the country or just down the street, packing up your belongings can be a daunting task. Packing blankets may not seem like a priority, but if you want to keep them clean and free of wrinkles, there are some things you should know. Here are some tips on how to pack blankets for moving:
- Sort through your blanket collection and decide which ones you want to take with you. This is a good time to get rid of any that are old or in poor condition.
- Wash all of the blankets that you plan on taking with you. This will help remove dirt and dust so they won’t get dirty during the move. Blankets can also be folded while they’re still damp, which will help prevent wrinkles.
- Once they’re dry, fold each blanket into thirds lengthwise and then roll it up tightly from one end to the other. Start with thicker blankets first so they don’t take up as much space in boxes later on. You can also use this method for smaller throws and quilts.
- If possible, place rolled-up blankets into plastic bags before putting them into boxes (this step is optional). This will further protect them from dirt and dust during transit now simply label the box containing these items “Fragile”.
Wrapping Blankets For Moving
If you’re planning a move, one of the things you’ll need to do is pack up your belongings. This includes all of your clothes, books, and other items that you’ll want to take with you. But what about those larger items, like blankets? Here’s how to wrap a blanket for moving:
- Fold the blanket in half lengthwise.
- Fold it in half again widthwise.
- Roll the blanket up from one end until it’s tightly rolled. You can use packing tape or string to secure it if needed.
- Place the rolled blanket into a plastic bag or storage container for protection during transit.
Placing Blankets In Boxes For Moving And Storage
Whether you’re moving or storing your belongings, packing them into boxes is a great way to keep them organized and safe. But what do you do with all those blankets? Here are some tips on how to pack blankets for moving or storage:
- Fold the blanket in half or thirds so it’s easier to carry.
- Roll the blanket up tightly, starting from one end.
- Tuck the rolled blanket into a box, using other items (like pillows) to fill in any empty spaces and prevent shifting during transport.
- Label the box clearly so you know what’s inside when you unpack it later!
Where To Place Boxes Of Blankets In A Moving Truck?
When packing a moving truck, it is important to take into account how you will use the space. For example, if you are carrying boxes of blankets, they should be placed near the front of the truck so that they can easily be accessed when needed. Additionally, placing heavier items toward the back of the truck will help to keep your belongings balanced and prevent them from shifting during transport. Ultimately, efficiently using all available space will make for a smoother move.
How Many Blankets To Put In One Box?
As a general guide, we would recommend using two or three medium-sized boxes for smaller items like baby blankets, and four to six large boxes for larger items like adult-size comforters. If possible, try to avoid overpacking the boxes so that they are too heavy to lift comfortably.
What To Do If Your Blankets Is Broken During The Move?
If you’re moving soon, there’s a chance that something could happen to your belongings during the move. While most movers are careful and professional, accidents can happen. If one of your items is damaged during the move, it’s important to know what to do next.
Here are some steps to take if your blankets are broken during the move:
Best Way To Store Blankets
- Store your blankets in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing them in attics or basements, where they may be exposed to moisture or extreme temperatures.
- If you have the space, store your blankets in an airtight container such as a plastic storage bin. This will protect them from dust and pests.
- Use acid-free tissue paper or cotton sheets to wrap delicate blankets before storing them. This will help prevent damage and keep them clean.
How Long Can You Store Blankets?
You can store blankets for a long time if you take care of them properly. Follow these tips to keep your blankets fresh and free from damage:
- Wash your blanket regularly. Depending on how often it is used, you should aim to wash it every few months. This will prevent dirt and dust buildup, which can lead to wear and tear over time.
- Store your blanket in a cool, dry place when not in use. Heat and humidity can cause mold or mildew growth, so avoid storing blankets near windows or in damp basements or attics. A linen closet or chest of drawers is ideal.
How To Pack Blankets For Moving Conclusion
Packing blankets for moving doesn’t have to be complicated. With a little planning and the right supplies, you can pack your blankets quickly and easily. When packing blankets for moving, it’s important to use the right size box. You don’t want your boxes to be too big or too small – just big enough so that your blanket(s) fit snugly inside with some extra space around them for padding material (more on that below). If you’re not sure which size box to use, ask your local moving company for recommendations. By picking out boxes that fit your blankets snugly, selecting appropriate padding materials, filling each box carefully and labeling them correctly – you’ll be able to pack away those blankets quickly and easily.